Police in Transmara are questioning a 17-year-old class eight pupil for an alleged murder of a woman and her three children.
Confirming the Saturday night incident which has left residents of Poroko village in shock, Transmara West Sub County Police Commander (SCPC) Hamisi Ganzallah said the suspect presented himself to police after the act claiming to have been attacked by three people while on his way from Poroko Market Centre.
He said that police identified missing links in his story and decided to accompany the boy to the scene where he claimed to have been attacked.
However, before arriving they met well-wishers taking a pregnant woman Juliet Naeku Simon 35 who had multiple cuts and stabs to hospital.
Police provided their vehicle which took the woman who would later be identified as aunt to the suspect to St Joseph Hospital in Kilgoris for urgent medical attention.
On arrival, her condition worsened and was quickly referred to Narok Referral Hospital where she died on Sunday.
Meanwhile, Ganzallah revealed that efforts by medics to save the unborn baby failed.
The bodies of the other two boys identified as Evans Meyoki 10 and Eliud Leteipa 5 were later found in a maize plantation 100 meters from their home on the same Sunday prompting police to link the suspect to the incident.
“From the questioning which we have so far done the suspect whom we are reliably informed was serving a probationary sentence has admitted to have single handedly committed the crimes,” he said adding that he will be arraigned in court as soon as police conclude investigations.
Ganzallah added that the bodies of the four are lying at St Joseph Hospital Mortuary Kilgoris awaiting postmortem.
Neighbours who spoke to KNA identified the suspect as a notorious criminal claiming that he may have taken advantage of the Saturday night rains to swiftly execute the murders.