Fire at Mabole Boys secondary school

Butere MP Tindi Mwale has promised to renovate a form one dormitory at Mabole Boys Secondary school that was burnt Tuesday night.

This forced the form one students to go back home just a few days from the First Term break.

Tindi said the dormitory was built through the National Government Constituency Development Fund(NG-CDF).

“The incident is very unfortunate. NG-CDF had built the dormitory at a cost of Sh6 million,” he said.

The MP was speaking at the school school in Mabole sub location, while assessing the damage caused by the fire.

The legislator said through NG-CDF, it will commit Sh3 million for the restoration of the damaged dormitory.

There were no tragedies, however the students lost their personal belonging and were given one week break as the institution looks for alternative place for their accommodation.

It is believed the fire was caused by power surge at the dormitory, but police have started investigations into the incident.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *